TERMS & CONDITIONS
B. Journus maintains appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information obtained through the Website from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure and access. Journus personnel with access to personal information (payment only not questions or answers) collected through the Website are required to keep such information confidential and secure.
C. Journus will retain your personal information if we have a business need to do so or for as long as is needed to fulfill the Website purposes, or unless a longer retention period is required by law (for example, to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
E. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process or retain your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Use of the Website
We reserve the right to terminate or modify the Website including any of its content, in whole or in part, in any manner in our sole discretion, without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. You are solely responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to access the Website.
You agree to comply with the following code of conduct in your use of the Website:
1. Be polite and courteous. Respect and treat others as you would expect to be treated yourself.
2. Information may not include material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
4. Do not use text formats such as all caps or bold that may be read as annoying, rude or send a strong message.
5. Avoid using abbreviations or terminology that others may not understand.
6.Be accountable for your actions by correcting your mistakes and indicating where you have changed a previous post of yours.
2. You agree not to use the Website in a way that impacts the normal operation, privacy, integrity or security of another's property. These restrictions apply regardless of your intent and whether or not you act intentionally or unintentionally.
5. That is false, deceptive, misleading or fraudulent, including but not limited to: (a) any attempt to impersonate any person or entity, including any other user, Journus or a Journus employee; (b) to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization; and (c) any attempt to give the impression that you are posting materials from any person or entity other than yourself if that is not the case, including but not limited to altering your IP source address.
6. To use, transmit or introduce: (a) information protected under the privacy or security regulations issued pursuant to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) or subject to the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act; or (b) nonpublic sensitive or personally identifiable information including but not limited to driver’s license numbers, passport numbers, social security numbers, tax identification numbers, voter registration numbers or similar identifying numbers, health information, or financial information including bank, checking, credit card, debit card, or other account numbers.
7. For the purposes of recruiting, advertising, solicitation or commercial activities of any kind without the express written consent of Journus, including, but not limited to: (a) promotions, contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising or pyramid schemes; and (b) the transmission of, or procurement of sending, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail"; "chain letter";"spam"; or any other similar email transmission.
8. To monitor or copy materials on the Website for any unauthorized purpose or access the Website via any automatic device, process or means of access such as a robot or spider.
9. That may have a detrimental effect on the Website ’s function, user interaction or security, including but not limited to: (a) gaining unauthorized access to, or attempting to compromise the security of, any network, system, computing facility, equipment, data or information; (b) attempting to intercept, redirect or otherwise interfere with communications intended for others; (c) disabling, damaging, overburdening or impairing the Website or any server, computer or database connected to or accessed by the Website ; (d) modifying, blocking or otherwise interfering with the display of the Website ; (e) interfering with another user’s ability to access, use and enjoy the Website ; (f) accessing another user’s registration information or user account without that user’s express written permission; (g) transmitting or introducing any malicious or technologically harmful element to the Website such as a spyware program, virus, Trojan horse, worm or logic bomb; (h) performing, without Journus’ express prior written authorization, scalability testing, load testing, probing, scanning, penetration or vulnerability testing of the Website ; and (i) engaging in any activities that results in any server being the target of a denial of service attack.
10. You will not (and will not allow any third party to): (a) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of the Website, (b) modify or create derivative works based on the services provided in the Website, (c) sell, resell, license, copy, rent, lease, distribute, time-share or otherwise use the Website for the benefit of a third party, (d) remove or alter proprietary information from the Website, (e) use the Website to create any competitive or other product or service or (f) use, sell, copy, modify, create derivative works based on, publicly display, or distribute the Website content or information outside of the Website, except for regulatory compliance purposes or otherwise with Journus’ express consent.
D. Notification of Violation
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You are prohibited from linking to any other page of the Website without our express written permission. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Website other than the homepage. You
must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. You agree to cooperate with us in stopping any unauthorized framing or linking.
B. Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by Journus or third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites' links provided, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the applicable terms and conditions of use for such websites.
B. Payments by Credit Card. For purchases by credit card, payment and invoice shall be due upon the start of the Website’s publishing process. The credit card information you provide for billing purposes will be used but not stored by the financial institution processing the transaction. In the event of future book purchases you will have to reenter your credit card information. The Website will not use, retain or store any credit card or payment information.
C. Late Payments. Late payments shall accrue interest at a rate of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month or the legal maximum interest rate, whichever is lower. If you are delinquent in payment of amounts owed hereunder, Journus or a third-party may give notice to you of such delinquency, following which you shall cure the delinquency within ten (10) days from the date of Journus’ or a third-party written notice, such written notice can occur. If you fail to cure the delinquency or regain compliance in accordance with the paragraph below, Journus may suspend your access
to the Website in addition to other rights and remedies available.
B. Unless you have express prior written permission from Journus, you may not use any name, logo, tagline or other mark of Journus, or any identifier or tag generated by the Journus Service, including without limitation: (a) as a hypertext link to any website or other location (except as provided for or enabled expressly by us); or (b) to imply identification with us as an employee, contractor, agent or other similar representative capacity. You also agree not to remove or alter any of these items as we may have provided or enabled.
Limitation of Liability
Except to the extent that a disclaimer of liability is prohibited under applicable law, in no event will Journus, it’s affiliates and its employees, agents, officers and directors be liable for damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use, the Journus website, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, including but not limited to, personal injury, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of revenue, loss of data, and whether caused by tort (including negligence, breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
Miscellaneous Terms and Conditions
B. Third Party Beneficiaries
D. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
E. Entire Agreement
Journus Return Policy
We at Journus, pride ourselves on loving our customers. And, our job isn’t done until we know you love your hardcover edition.
If you do not love your Journus biography, let us know at email@example.com or contact us via Live Chat within 30 days of your order. If we cannot make it better, we will refund your order. We also offer credit to be used towards subsequent Journus purchases as an alternative to a refund.
Please note that each product you order from Journus is individually made by our top-notch professional printer. There may be minor differences across different prints of the same product because we use the latest and highest quality techniques to produce your hardcover books quickly so you can get them in your hands! Differences may include slight variance in color and binding. We do work extremely hard to keep our products consistent, but small variations are a normal occurrence when printing your personal hardcover books.
This return policy is incorporated by reference into the Journus Terms and Conditions available at http://www.journusweb.com/termsandconditions and applies to you if you are an owner/author who is purchasing a printed book or an e-book from Journus ("Owners/Author") or if you are purchasing a printed book or an e-book from Journus (collectively "Readers").
Note to Owners/Authors: Your book, whether a printed book or an e-book, is all yours: Journus does not proof, edit, or change your content in any way. This means it is your responsibility to review your book before you publish, and fix:
- Typos, grammar, unfinished text, or other text errors
- Low-resolution images that may appear blurry in print or onscreen
- Dark images that appear dark on screen (Journus does not lighten your images to match what you see on a backlit screen)
- Design issues, including book format, organization, style, color, and page layout
- Any other creative choices you made using any of Journus’ software you want to revisit (collectively, the "chapters, questions, maps, and icons")
You must review your book in Preview mode before printing. (You might ask a friend to look it over, too.) If you find changes you would like to make, no problem. Just make them in your original file, Journus will automatically upload your revised book, preview it and then order a copy of that revised book. We strongly recommend ordering and reviewing a single copy of your book before placing orders for multiple copies.
“All I have learned, I learned from books.” ~ Abraham Lincoln